Monday, September 13, 2010

Summer to Autumn

When I was a kid my favorite time of year was the summer. I mean come on, what's not to like? No school, warm weather which means shorts, t shirts, sandals, Popsicles, ice cream, sprinklers and pools. My birthday is in the summer, so is 4th of July and pioneer day, and there was usually some trip of some sort that we took somewhere. I loved it.

Now that I am older, I am switching to liking autumn (funny right?) Actually, I think this process happens to a lot of people. We like summer when we are kids, and then we like a different season better later. Of course, it helps to be back in a place that has a season like Autumn. In Utah you kind of go from hot to snow, and in Oregon it's beautiful, but it rains all autumn.

So why do I like Autumn? Well, the first reason is one I am new to: kids going back to school. I went shopping today with just two kids and the difference was amazing!! It's a little cooler, the trees change colors, I start thinking about treats made with pumpkin, and it means the holidays (which I like for different reasons now too) are right around the corner. Decorations!! Yes, I think I am turning into one of those people who like to do decorations around the house for the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment